How to make a crystal christmas tree
December 3, 2020||
This week over in the free STEM ideas group on Facebook I showed you how to make a….
DIY Crystal Christmas Tree!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Sugar/ salt/ Epsom Salts
- Beakers & Spoons
- Cardboard Christmas Trees
- Shallow Plates
- Food colouring (optional)
- Boil a kettle
- Pour 50 – 75ml water into your beaker (carefully! It’s hot!)
- Stir in as much of your solute (sugar, salt, epsom salts) as you can! You want to create a SATURATED solution i.e. not everything is dissolved!
- Pop your cardboard tree onto your plate
- Now carefully pour your solution over your cardboard tree and leave it in a warm and sunny spot
- Check back regularly to see if your Crystals have grown
- Once they have, remove your tree from the solution, leave it to dry and assemble!